The NetEthics Committee of the Technology Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia is working toward clarifying the ethical requirements for attorneys in Georgia regarding use of the Internet and other electronic communication network services. For a list of recommended readings, see NetEthics Readings.
While normal committee membership is open to all Georgia attorneys, the Technology Law Section Newsletter and this website will be the official printed announcement media, so membership in that Section is advisable in order to be on the printed newsletter mailing list.
The goals of the NetEthics Committee include:
- Analyzing the current Georgia Standards of Conduct as they might be applied to various uses by Georgia attorneys of the Internet and other electronic network services;
- Recommending to the State Bar of Georgia new Standards and/or Formal Advisory Opinions to clarify the current Standards;
- Interacting with the Unauthorized Practice of Law and Advertising Committees as needed;
- Interacting with other attorneys from around the nation and world in discussing the issues; and
- Providing a model for other states in dealing with this issue.